Wednesday, September 28, 2011

SWEET Bella -- beyond sweetness!

For our 4th monthsary, my boyfriend and I tried out Sweet Bella Cakes and Pastries Dessert Bar at Bonifacio Global City. Sweet tooth me did have a great dinner plus John Neil allowed me to taste two cakes of my choice. Sugar rush! Yehey! :)


Sweet Bella Dessert Bar occupies two floors. First floor is where my eyes grew bigger (literally bigger lol) upon seeing the array of sweet treats perfectly stationed in their dessert bar.


Chef Cristina designs these fanciful cakes. She is the daughter of Melo Santiago, famous owner of Melo's Steakhouse.  (Read more about Sweet Bella: http://www.sweetbelladesserts.com/page/view/about-us)


Aside from cakes, Sweet Bella also offers macarons that look magnificent in their separate trays. We didn’t try these but they look yummy too :)

  
The first floor of the café is stunning in pink: Dessert bar looks divine and the boxes are piled gorgeously. Thumbs up!


The second floor is the dining area for their “real food”. Oh well I mean real food because I’ve known Sweet Bella just for their beautifully crafted cakes. I didn’t know they serve other dishes also.

The dining area is heavenly! It’s prominently clad in white and hot pink hues. And since we arrived at the café earlier than the usual post-work dining, we sat in a beautifully located couch. It’s so fluffy I can sit there the entire day chatting with friends, a perfect spot for dining if you want a serene atmosphere.


Pink - it’s the night’s hue! And I love how they positioned their food mats and table napkins. Add the attractive contrast of colors to that :)

When we got the menu, boyfriend and I were like “whooooah too expensive!” But hey, we’re comfortably seated already so might as well try the dishes they offer. Oh well, we’re both pesto lovers and pizza meat monsters so we still ended up choosing the most expensive pasta and pizza from their menu haha!


For our pasta, we ordered FARFALLE CREAMY PESTO (Php 395.00)

It’s a blend of garlic, olive oil, pesto sauce, parmesan cheese, with bacon and mushroom. This pasta is superb! A must try. I was delighted as it wasn't as oily as most pesto dishes plus the pesto sauce had this fantastic texture. Yum! The noodles were ribbon shaped and made it more appealing. This is one of the best pesto’s I’ve ever sampled.

 
For our pasta, we chose RUSTICA (Php 450.00)

It’s a thin crust pizza crowned with Italian sausage, Hungarian sausage, Frankfurter sausage, pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese. We both loved this more than the pasta. 10/10 for this mouth-watering pizza! And I should praise our waiter for serving it straight from the brick oven. The considerable amount of mozzarella cheese topping made it stringy and brought us to crave for another slice. Yummy! 


'DELICIOUS' is an understatement for these two fantastic main dishes!




After a good meal, it’s time to satisfy my sweet cravings! Yey!

When we ordered our desserts, we didn’t see the prices as they were not specified in their menu or even in the dessert bar labels. I actually dared not to ask because I might choose the cheaper cakes instead of savouring those I’d love to taste hehe. I had a hard time choosing! They’re all tempting and food for the eyes.

First sweet pick: CHOCOLATA (Php 230.00)

This cake was displayed on top of their dessert bar. It’s labeled “voted Best Dessert for 2007” by the Philippine Daily Inquirer. Sounds yummy!
                                     
I would like to mention that this cake became even more appealing because of the chocolate butterflies accenting it. I want to keep that cute butterfly if only it wasn’t edible. Boooyeah, I had to eat it.

Anyway, Chocolata is a moist chocolate cake layered with rich ganache topped with chocolate glass. It’s a full-bodied chocolate cake layered with even more chocolate flavors! It’s a chocolate overload indeed! If you enjoy overwhelming chocolate flavors in your dessert, you will definitely love this.

I just found this cake too pricey. If it’s priced at Php 150.00, they would have given justice to its size and taste.



Finally, the wonderful pick of the night: MIDNIGHT HAZELNUT CRUNCH (Php 130.00)

It’s a dark chocolate mousse with a pinch of hazelnut in its crunchy crust. The cake was so yummy I devoured fast. Like 3 bites only? Hahaha!! I looked like a cake greed upon the first bite. The hazelnut was so flavorful that I took pleasure from the crust more than the cake mousse. It’s so delectable I can say that this is now my favorite cake of all time. Swear! I recommend everyone to try this.


Total bill is Php 1,325.50 including the 10% service charge.

If you’re looking for the value of food without having to consider a budget, this restaurant is just right for you. But if you have a tight budget, you might just want to have a taste on their heavenly desserts that they can certainly brag about. After all, the place is so ideal for catching up with friends over a slice of their delicious cakes.

The servers were all attentive and friendly. They knew their foodstuff very well and they can always suggest what’s best to try if it’s your first time there.

The place is really peaceful that it’s ideal to bring your friends, family, and romantic partner and talk over things. Plus, they offer free wi-fi so bring your laptops, ipods, and ipads and stay connected to your social networking world :)


**Sweet Bella Cakes and Pastry Dessert Bar**
Products: Cakes, Macaroons, Chocolate Pralines, Specialty Breads, Sandwiches, Pizza, Pasta, Coffee
Location: Forbes Town Center, Burgos Circle corner Rizal Drive, Bonifacio Global City
Taguig City, Philippines
Store Hours: 7:00 AM - 12:00 MN (Weekdays) / 7:00 AM - 2:00 AM (Weekends)
Contact Number: +632 846 8243

No comments:

Post a Comment